Looking for an exciting career with RPD? Use the following phone number and email to connect with our Recruitment Unit.
Phone (804) 646-6733
City of Richmond Police Department
Submit a Commendation or Complaint
Call if you can, text if you can’t
Non-Emergency or to file a Police Report:
Phone: (804) 646-5147
Email: Police Media Relations
Phone: (804) 646-0607
200 West Grace Street
Richmond, VA 23220
Process & application for becoming RPD officer?
Question About Your Police Application?
Need a Copy of a Police Report?
Report a crime or suspicious incident?
Submit CrimeStoppers tip or call (804) 780-1000
Substance Abuse And Addiction Treatment Resources
What to do if your child has run away or is missing
View Crime Incident Information
View Internal Affairs Statistics
Still have questions?
Please email or call (804) 646-6842
- Media Inquires: (804) 646-0607
- Customer Service: (804) 646-6842
- Email: Police Media Relations
The Public Affairs Unit fosters communications between the Richmond Police Department, its employees, the community, and the media by providing accurate information about the Department and its community policing effort. We provide accurate and timely information - both internally and externally - about the operations and personnel of the Richmond Police Department.
What We Do
- Respond to media requests. Pitch story ideas to the media and arrange for interviews
- Provide the media and the community with a daily crime report of significant activity
- Remain on-call to respond to critical incidents, including homicides, traffic fatalities, and hostage/barricade situations
- Prepare and distribute news releases and email advisories
- Take pictures and produce videos for internal and external communications
- Oversee the Department's social media, including the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube pages
- Oversee the department's website and update it daily with fresh content, photos, video and upcoming event information
- Publish the internal electronic newsletter the "Blue Line Times"
- Provide instruction in the areas of media relations, marketing, leadership, public speaking, and Freedom of Information
- Develop marketing campaigns
- Oversee and coordinate special events, including the Police Memorial Service, and award recognition programs such as the Annual Awards Ceremony and the Officer and Sergeant of the Quarter program
- Handle customer service inquiries and requests for calls for service and crime information
Tracy Walker James Mercante Chelsea Taylor
Director Assistant Director PIO
Police Facebook page
Police Twitter page
Police YouTube page
CrimeStoppers Facebook page
CrimeStoppers Twitter page