Phone: (804) 646-5573
Fax: (804) 646-5586
1600 Chamberlayne Avenue
Richmond, VA 23222
Adoption Center Hours:
Lost & Found Animals
- If you have lost or found an animal, please create an account and make a detailed post of the animal, including your contact information, so we can better assist with getting the pet back home. Stray animals at our facility are automatically uploaded to the website upon intake.
- If you have any questions about this process, you can reach our intake team by emailing email@example.com or calling (804) 646-5574.
- We have staff available Monday through Tuesday from 8:00AM-5:00PM, Wednesday through Friday from 8:00AM-6:00PM, Saturday from 8:00AM-5:00PM, and Sunday from 8:00AM-4:00PM. We also recommend visiting our shelter as often as possible (in addition to monitoring our website) until you locate your pet.
Fees for reclaiming a pet:
|$25.00 (proof of current rabies)|
|$5.00 (for each day or any portion of a day)|
Other resources for lost and found animals:
- Make a detailed post in our lost & found pets group
- Search for additional lost and found group pages and post there as well
- Make sure any post you make is shareable
- Message a detailed post to our lost and found pets page
- Create a post > Lost & Found
- Make a detailed post of your missing pet
- Make a detailed post in Community > Lost + Found > Pets
Does the pet have a microchip?
- Lost: Contact the microchip company your pet is registered with to file a lost report
- Found: Take the pet to a shelter or vet clinic to check for a microchip
Make a flyer
- Post at local shelters, rescue groups, vet offices, your apartment complex/neighborhood, etc. to spread the word