1500 East Main Street, 5th Floor
Email: Ask Minority Business
Greater economic and social equity in our community through the pursuit of parity in the amount the City of Richmond spends to procure goods and services using taxpayer dollars and user fees.
Our mission is to facilitate, produce, and advance opportunities for minority business enterprises (MBEs), emerging small businesses (ESBs), and disadvantaged business enterprises (DBEs) to successfully participate in the full array of contracting opportunities available in the City of Richmond. OMBD strives to increase:
- The number of local MBE/ESB and DBEs
- The capacity among local MBE/ESB and DBEs
- MBE/ESB and DBE availability in certain under-utilized business categories, e.g. architecture
- The number of public and private sector contracts won by MBE/ESB and DBEs
- The number of effective strategic alliances, both in the MBE/ESB and DBE community and beyond
- MBE/ESB and DBE access to capital
- MBE/ESB and DBE integration of information technology
- We believe in functioning with honesty, integrity and upholding the highest work ethic.
- We are dedicated to helping the business community.
- We make every effort to deliver quality customer service.
- We strive to accomplish creativeness and innovativeness.
- We embrace self-improvement to maintain our quality workforce.
The Office of Minority Business Development (OMBD) shall direct its efforts toward making the utilization and recognition of minority, disadvantaged, and emerging business enterprises in Richmond's procurement activities the usual course of practice. The OMBD is one of the strongest advocates for increasing contract opportunities for minority and emerging small business enterprises in the Richmond metropolitan area. We are making changes to better serve our clients.
We Want Your Business To Succeed
We understand that your success is our success. The City of Richmond and the OMBD are committed to increasing contracting opportunities for all minority-owned businesses (MBEs) and emerging small businesses (ESBs).
We've Expanded Your Contracting Opportunities
Your business is as unique as you are. The City of Richmond's MBD policy now covers all contracts, construction and non-construction alike. If your business is minority-owned or exists in a City of Richmond Enterprise Zone and provides professional or non-professional services, there may be a special opportunity for you with the City of Richmond.