Phone: (804) 646-5573
Fax: (804) 646-5586
1600 Chamberlayne Avenue
Richmond, VA 23222
Hours of Operation:
Monday: Appointment only
Tuesday: Appointment only
Wednesday: Appointment only
Thursday: Appointment only
Friday: Appointment only
Saturday: 12PM-5PM or by appointment
Sunday: Appointment only
Lost & Found Animals
- If you have lost or found an animal, please create an account and make a detailed post of the animal, including your contact information, so we can better assist with getting the pet back home. Stray animals at our facility are automatically uploaded to the website upon intake.
- If you have any questions about this process, please email our Intake & Redemption Coordinators, Whytney Barnett, at Whytney.Barnett@richmondgov.com, and Caroline Jones, at Caroline.Jones2@richmondgov.com. You can also reach our intake team by calling (804) 646-5574.
- We have staff available Monday through Saturday from 8AM-5PM and Sunday from 8AM-4PM. We also recommend visiting our shelter as often as possible (in addition to monitoring our website) until you locate your pet.
Fees for reclaiming a pet:
|$25.00 (proof of current rabies)|
|$5.00 (for each day or any portion of a day)|
Other resources for lost and found animals:
- Make a detailed post in Community > Lost + Found > Pets
- Make a detailed post in our lost & found pets group
- Search for additional lost and found group pages and post there as well
- Make sure any post you make is shareable
- Create a post > Lost & Found
- Does the pet have a microchip?
- Lost: Contact the microchip company your pet is registered with to file a lost report
- Found: Take the pet to a shelter or vet clinic to check for a microchip
- Make a flyer
- Post at local shelters, rescue groups, vet offices, your apartment complex/neighborhood, etc. to spread the word