Looking for an exciting career with RPD? Use the above phone number and email to connect with our Recruitment Unit.
City of Richmond Police Department
Submit a Commendation or Complaint
Call if you can, text if you can’t
Non-Emergency or to file a Police Report:
Phone: (804) 646-5147
Email: Police Media Relations
Phone: (804) 646-0607
200 West Grace Street
Richmond, VA 23220
Process & application for becoming RPD officer?
Question About Your Police Application?
Need a Copy of a Police Report?
Report a crime or suspicious incident?
Submit CrimeStoppers tip or call (804) 780-1000
Substance Abuse And Addiction Treatment Resources
What to do if your child has run away or is missing
View Crime Incident Information
View Internal Affairs Statistics
Still have questions?
Please email or call (804) 646-6842
The Richmond Police Department is comprised of five divisions:
- Chief's Office - Acting Chief, Rick Edwards
- Business Services consists of the following areas: Accreditation, Body-Worn Camera and TASER programs, Finance, Fleet Management, Human Resources, Office Of Disciplinary Review, Planning Division, Property and Evidence, Records and Technology Division, Recruitment and the Training Division
- Community, Youth, and Intervention Services (CYIS) is designed to improve the quality of life in neighborhoods, along with placing a greater emphasis on young people.
- Patrol Services are responsible for patrolling the City of Richmond which is divided into two areas consisting of four precincts and 12 sectors. First and Second Precincts comprise Area 1 while Third and Fourth Precincts comprise Area 2.
- Support Services is made up of the following: Major Crimes, Special Investigations Division & Special Operations Division