Special Events and Film Production Site Coordination
- Special events come in all shapes, sizes and types and the city of Richmond recognizes the quality of life and economic benefits of a large variety of special events.
- All events that occur on public property or have an impact on public property require city permits. The Special Event Coordinator in conjunction with the Mayor's Office administers a comprehensive Special Events process to be followed.
- Find special event process.
Film Production Site Coordination
- The Special Events Coordinator also assists with arrangements for filming on public property. Working closely with the Virginia Film Office, we coordinate a wide variety of city services. Known internationally as 'film friendly,' Richmond is ranked among the top ten venues for independent film projects according to Movie Maker magazine.
- Because of our seasonal weather, incredible variety of locations, impressive and diverse architecture and experienced workforce, Richmond has hosted dozens of major motion pictures, several television projects and hundreds of commercials.
- From finding unique locations, to traffic and security control, to special parking permits, the Special Events Coordinator is ready to assist.
Special Events Parking
- Special events may include sporting events, concerts, parades, graduations, holiday events/festivals, and more. All special events have at least two things in common: they have a sizable number of people attending and/or participating in them and they park a large number of vehicles in a concentrated area for a defined period of time.
- When planning, or even considering, an event in the city, it is important to contact the Special Events Coordinator to assist in obtaining parking information, assessing parking needs, and devising a plan.
- For more information please contact:
- Priscilla Wright
- Phone: (804) 646-3998
- E-mail: email@example.com