Richmond On-Line Staffing System (ROSS)
The Richmond On-Line Staffing System (ROSS) is the the online employment application system for the City of Richmond.
ROSS allows you to:
- View and apply for City of Richmond employment opportunities online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any location with internet access.
- Create an account that stores your application so that they can apply for multiple jobs without having to recreate a new application each time.
- Request job notifications and receive e-mails when a position in your area(s) of interest becomes available.
- Check your application status on-line anytime.
Points to Remember
- Each applicant must have their own account. Accounts can not be shared.
- You must have a working e-mail address to establish an account to apply for city jobs. Free e-mail accounts are available through providers such as Google, Hotmail or Yahoo.
- An attached resume is not a substitution for a completed application. Your application will be considered incomplete if your education and work experience is not entered in the appropriate fields on the application.
- ROSS is provided by the City of Richmond in partnership with governmentjobs.com, a partner website.
- Click on the "HELP" link after you have logged into your account.
- Contact Human Resources at (804) 646-5660 or send an e-mail to Ask HR.
- Visit our FAQ page.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The City of Richmond is an Equal Opportunity Employer – It is the policy of the City of Richmond to prohibit discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified Employer
The City of Richmond is a Virginia Values Veterans (V3) certified employer. The V3 Program helps employers develop and implement long-term strategies and nationally recognized best practices in recruiting, hiring and retaining Veterans. To learn more about the V3 initiative visit the Virginia Values Veterans website. Contact our Human Resources Department at (804-646-5863) if you have additional questions.