For items that cannot be submitted via the Online Permit Portal: please upload them to our shared OneDrive folder. Instructions follow. OneDrive is a Microsoft file hosting service.
Please visit www.onedrive.live.com and choose Sign In.
- In the Sign In box, select the "create one!" link
- Enter your email address and create a password
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter your birthdate
- OneDrive will email you a verification code. Enter this in the ‘Verify Email’ dialogue box
- Complete the captcha screen
Once the registration has been completed, you will need to email the following information to PDRPermitsAndInspections@rva.gov.
- Phone Number
- The email address that you registered with OneDrive
We will grant access to the shared drive and you will receive an email with a link to shared drive folder. Once you receive an email with a link to the shared site, you may load a single file containing one or more of the items below. The file naming convention is also shown below:
Do Not include credit card authorization forms or payment information.
- Application form or Plan Intake Sheet (for revisions)
- Construction documents (plans, site plans, structural details, truss schedules, specifications, etc.)
- Permit extension requests
- Permit cancellation requests
- Code Modifications
- Amendments to Permits without Plans
- Third party inspection documents
- Other responses to the City
The file name must be in the following format or it will be deleted and you will be notified to resubmit:
Date – Address – Type of permit - Company Name
(Sample: 20200319 – 900 E Broad St – Plumbing - ABC Company)
If the permit is submitted for a life safety emergency – Start the file name with Emergency.
(Sample: Emergency – 20200319 – 900 E Broad St – Plumbing – ABC Company)
We will contact you if there are questions with your submission or if it is incomplete. Once a completed submission has been processed, you will be invoiced through our Online Permit Portal and you may pay online via credit card (VISA, MasterCard, and Discover). For more information and instructions on how to use the portal click: Online Permit Portal User Guide. Checks may be mailed to the office but must reference the address, type of permit and the contractor name and have a contact number attached. USPS is available but other mail services will not be received at this time.
For Permits & Inspections applications and forms, please click here.