City of Richmond Police Department
Call if you can, text if you can’t
Non-Emergency or to file a Police Report:
Email: Police Media Relations
Phone: (804) 646-0400
200 West Grace Street
Richmond, VA 23220
Submit CrimeStoppers tip or call (804) 780-1000
Still have questions?
Please email or call (804) 646-6842
Homeless Outreach Partnerships Enforcement
A homeless outreach unit that provides referrals and services as part of a long term approach to assist the homeless.
- Identify homeless encampments and chronic homeless individuals to provide long-term solutions to reduce instances of homelessness.
- Increase contact and build trust between Richmond Police Department and the homeless community.
- Create partnerships with homeless service providers in the community.
- Identify and remove aggressive panhandlers.
- Partner Richmond Police officers with a licensed clinical social worker from the Department of Social Services to provide effective and compassionate responses to the homeless community in Richmond.
- Measure accurately the amount and types of crime that is actually committed by the homeless/transient population.
- Better serve the homeless community by providing intervention during critical situations.
- Prevent unnecessary incarceration or hospitalization of the homeless.
- Protect the community from those who are a danger to others as a result of mental illness. Reduce violent crime by providing services to those who are mentally ill and homeless.